From 4 months to university
SEK-Cataluyna is a member of the IB® World Schools International Community. The only school in Cataloniato teach three International Baccalaureate® (IB) programmes, from 12 to 18 years old, integrating them in the national curriculum.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) programmes correspond to the following educational stages:
- Early Childhood and Primary Education – Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Secondary Education – Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- Baccalaureate – Diploma Programme (DP)
IB® International Middle Years Programme (MYP)
International Baccalaureate® (IB) Middle Years Programme is integrated into the national curriculum and is focused on the development of student skills:
- It encourages student development in their roles as creative, critical and reflective thinkers, whilst encouraging them to be supportive, open-minded, and able to act upon and solve problems.
- It focusses on a deeper study of academic disciplines and recognition of the inter-relationships between these in order to address and understand the significant and relevant themes at an individual, national and global level.
- Tutorial action is focused on directing students' learning and helping them discover their potential.
IB® International Diploma Programme (DP)
Over this stage where students near Higher Education and professional life, SEK-Catalunya students experience learning that aims to foster intellectual and personal growth, evolving towards adulthood.
They can choose between taking the Spanish LOMCE Bachillerato or the bilingual IB® Diploma Programme, integrated into the national curriculum and which:
- Fosters critical thinking, solidarity and intercultural understanding.
- Involves the participation of international educators in the assessment processes.
- Requires all Baccalaureate students to complete the Diploma Programme Extended Essay, a rigorous and independent research project.